Cheese. Cake. Dynasties have literally been built atop the combined shoulders of these two, at first seemingly unrelated foodstuffs. Well, who are we to question their logic? Enter our new flavor, Cherry Cheesecake & Graham Cracker Crumble, available just in time for National Cheesecake Day.
Since we love a good national food holiday, and really any excuse to celebrate deliciousness, Shannon from our Bake Room team created an ice cream pie of epic proportions. Whether it's actually a pie, a cheesecake, or a cheesecake within a cheesecake within a pie is debatable, but regardless, this treat is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Plus it's surprisingly easy to whip up!
Cherry Cheesecake Ice Cream Pie
8-inch springform pan
Graham Cracker Crust:
300 g graham crackers, crumbled
2.5 TBSP sugar
1/2 cup flour
4 TBSP melted butter
1. Pulse all ingredients for the crust in a food processor until texture is like wet sand.
2. Line an 8-inch springform pan with parchment paper on the bottom.
3. Add half of the crust mixture to the sides of the pan and then the rest to the bottom. Press down and into the sides to hold in place.
4. Bake in a preheated 375F oven for 15-20 mins, or until dark brown and crisp.
5. Cool for 15 mins at room temperature and then place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
6. Put frozen pints of ice cream into the fridge for 45 mins to bring them to the ultimate scooping temperature!
7. Fill the crust with the ice cream and smooth out. Put back into the freezer for 4-6 hours.
8. Take the cheesecake out of the mold.
9. Drizzle with cherry jam and sprinkle Enzo's Table Almond Biscotti Crumbles around the edges.
10. Cut, serve, and enjoy!