At McConnell's Fine Ice Creams, our goal is to produce and serve our customers the finest ice creams in the world, in the most responsible and sustainable way possible. In the process, we hope to enrich and enliven the communities in which we live and work and leave the world just a little bit "sweeter" than we found it.
We are seeking a candidate to provide outstanding, first-rate service to our customers, working with them to best resolve their questions, issues, and inquiries. The Customer Experience Specialist will be the first point of contact to resolve customer issues and complaints across multiple channels, arising from our multiple points of sale: grocery stores, our 7 southern-California scoop shops, and our online store. This is a great time to join McConnell’s Fine Ice Creams and help us innovate and develop systems and processes while being a part of a fun, dedicated team.
We are looking for someone to work between 15-20 hours per week in our Santa Barbara or Oxnard office. Availability during the holiday season is a requirement for this position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reply to customer inquiries by email, phone and chat to resolve questions, online order issues, product complaints, etc. As the customer’s first point of contact at McConnell’s you have the responsibility of being the face of the company, and to relay our core brand values in every interaction.
- Provide support with our e-commerce website (built with Shopify), overseeing online orders and our managing our subscription app & program
- Coordinate with Shipping Director to make changes to customer orders and troubleshoot delivery issues.
- Monitor inventory and update website as necessary.
- Process and pack gift card and t-shirt orders.
- Adhere to, or redevelop, the current system for documenting and monitoring the wide range of issues that touch customer service flow.
- 4-year degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Previous experience in a customer service role (retail or hospitality) a plus.
- Previous experience with Shopify a plus.
- Must derive a genuine sense of joy from the process of helping others!
- Must remain courteous during even the most difficult customer interactions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with precise grammar and spelling.
- Detail-oriented with an ability to follow up on tasks.
- Capable of multitasking, prioritizing, and managing time efficiently.
- Drive initiatives and changes to improve the customer experience.
- Ability to quickly master new tools and processes, and to understand and retain details.
- A problem-solver by nature. Strong aptitude for managing and diffusing difficult situations.
We offer a fun, entrepreneurial work environment where creativity and innovation are encouraged. If you are proactive and take initiative, you can “own” your responsibilities and quickly make yourself indispensable. You will be surrounded by extremely motivated and dedicated individuals working towards a common goal: helping to make the world a little bit sweeter. Also-- FREE ICE CREAM.
If you feel you have the experience and skills to contribute to this vital role at the company, we encourage you to send a thoughtful cover letter along with a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and please write "Customer Experience Specialist" as the subject line.